Saturday, March 15, 2014

Star Profile - Titi Joseph

 
 
Miss Titi Joseph.


Fast rising award winning Nollywood star Miss Titi Joseph, is definitely a force to be reckoned with in the Nigerian Movie industry.

Determined to leave a mark in the sands of time, Titi Joseph is not only brilliant in her acting carrier. She is also beautiful, intelligent and down to earth.

She has starred in numerous movies including Broken, The Last Supper, April’s Memoir, Sage, Dormitory8 and so many more.
In an interview with yours truly, Titi joseph shed more light on her career as an actor and also shared some of the challenges she’s had to overcome in her quest to become an A List actor.

I implore you to sit back, relax and enjoy our conversation which is after the cut :




- Who is Titi Joseph?

Titi Joseph is a lady who believes in doing whatever is worth doing well. She's from Kogi State, a graduate of Mass Communication from Ahmadu Bello University.  She's an actress, a journalist and enjoys singing too.
- Interesting. Can u give us a brief history of your acting career?

Hope this won't start like a cliché because many always go this way when asked this question but well it started way back in primary school, just being a thing of interest for me, started with drama , cultural dance, then I did dramas on stage in church but on a professional note I started in 2007,when I got my first opportunity in a film titled 'Inner Pain' with Lumex production but because of school, I had to stop till I was done with school then nysc. I started trying out again in end of 2011.
- As a rising star in the movie industry, would you say its been a smooth ride thus far?

 Not at all, but God has been faithful.

- Hmmm... can u highlight some of the challenges you've faced and how you dealt with them?

First, probably based on my location, I mean where I'm based, few acting opportunities come by when compared to places like Lagos, and Asaba. So when the few ones come along, and one probably goes for an audition, you don't get called all the time because of course, auditions mostly don't necessarily prove an actor's "DEEP" abilities. Also, our industry could be sentimental: directors come a times to look for people who will play extras cos they already have their main casts. At the end, you just keep giving it a shot cos its what you love doing. Can be tiring atimes but like the saying goes, good things don't come easy. In summary, those are some of the challenges I have encountered.

- Can u tell us some of the movies you've been a part of and what your experience was like on set.

Broken, The Last Supper, April's Memoir, Sage, Dormitory8, Cynthia, Rage, To Serve with all our strength, Breaking free, etc. And for my experience on set, I'll say different experience for different set but the one common thing about them all was the feeling of satisfaction to be doing what I love doing and each set gave me an opportunity to learn to be better in coming jobs

           
Miss Joseph on set
 
 
Miss Joseph alongside Ghanaian heartthrob John Dumelo.

 

- You mentioned you're a journalist. How do you juggle between acting and journalism at the same time?
Juggling between acting and journalism hasn't been easy cos they are both time consuming in their own way but I'm managing well cos the time for both are flexible too. I take the acting jobs I can that don't collide with time I have to be at work and painfully turn down those I can't do.

- Nice.  On a personal note however, is Titi Joseph in a relationship?       

I'll like to keep that personal. (laughs) No comment

- Have u ever been told you look like Omotola Jalade Ekehinde? And how do you respond to that?

Yes, a couple of times. She is someone I admire a lot but while I see that as a compliment, I don't want to be seen as a shadow of another person, I'm Titi Joseph and I look forward to leaving behind a legacy as Me not an Omotola look alike.
- So who are your favorite Nollywood actors? Male and Female?
I'm not someone that has favorites for a lot of things, this inclusive. But I can say I respect the interpretation skills of such actors like Ramsey Noah, Nse ikpe Etim's depth challenges me and I'll like to mention Mercy Johnson for her versatility. I just must add that Majid  Michel(Ghana) is awesome and this guy from Jacob's cross, HLomla Danlala.
- Who are your favorite Hollywood actors?

I am awed by Jennifer Lawrence, don’t  have any best male Hollywood actor yet.
- Finally.... for aspiring actors out there, what can u say to encourage them in their struggle for being A List actors?

For the final question, the fact is we are still in the race together. Take the baby steps towards your passion and with God on your side, those baby steps will turn into Giant strides towards success. Wish us all a dream come true. Having in mind that the race is not for the swift or the strong but for those favored of the Lord. So Excellence + God + determination. + perseverance = success#
 
 So for movie producers and directors willing to hire fresh raw talent, Titi Joseph is someone to definitely look out for because she is GOOD. To contact her, send an email to titilayoipinjolu@yahoo.com OR   kashbanta@gmail.com

 

35 comments:

  1. Am proud of u sis....kip it up D Lord is ur strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww...nice..I wish u best of luck hun! Kip going up, u hv no limits...beauty+brain

    ReplyDelete
  3. sis am proud of u..definitely look forward to ur bright future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am so happy for you Titi... Keep it up

      Delete
  4. Of a truth she's talented, humble and beautiful. And I sense the fear of God in her speech. All I can say is that she has a promising future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Young, pretty, talented..go higher gurl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recommend titi joseph anyday anytime..she's an amazing actress!the sky's the limit gurl!u've only just begun..God blessyour hustle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mehn I wanna so kiss her sweet young lips. Lol just joking. God help u in ur quest. I love the name " Titi J" I still wanna kiss her lips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice keep on with the updates kashbanta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Titi Joseph, i am not surprised how far you've come. You've always had it in you. Back then with the drama unit in church, she could interprete any script and key into any character. She is definitely going places. Thumbs up dear. You sure remember Apeteika. winks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww my dear titilayo am so proud of you darling. You remember how we used to sing outside our house and dancing in church those days? Those days were fun for all of us. Am happy you are going into what you love. Looking forward to seeing more of you in nollywood industry. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Titi. Nice to know u haven't left journalism. * smiling* Wish u all d best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its in you babe; go get it. D sky is just your spring board.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've always had it in you . It was just a matter of time. Your starring role in IRETI for me was the high point while growing up. I've watched broken and I wasn't surprised because you are Titi Joseph and I've always known.

    ReplyDelete
  14. TJ has always had it in her.... she is GOOD.... no debate abt dat.... way to go girl...*winks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey guys. .... thank u so much for the feedback. Yes Titi is an awesome person. Quick correction tho, John Dumelo is NOT Titi's heartthrob oooo... meant that for all the female fans who ogle over him. So its a grammatical error on my part. Thanks. #Kashbanta.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am proud of you titi (fishery).take your place among the stars.Ogungbemi dare

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's beautiful, full of energy, smart, God fearing, loving, caring and acting and singing has being her thing from childhood. We grew up together in the same neighbourhood. Watch for her hers a star in making. So so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Am proud of a rare gem that can say is my friend and a sister, funny in all dealings and very talented. she had it in her since chai e don tey. am proud of you LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!this is so,so nice. Proud of you dear. More power to your elbow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so so proud you gurl,Go get your dream girl!keep the fire burning and you shall make it if you believe.thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thumbs up 2 a v rare nd unique sis... More grace 2 ur elbow.... Wishing u all d best with lots of love.......

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey titi J, u so rock, beautiful, talented and charming. The fastest rising Nollywood star. Dream hih and aim high. Ure elevated.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Abdulmajeed IbusmoneyMarch 18, 2014 at 7:50 AM

    Tuale mama, e mi ogbebo Amma mon gbadun yin gan ni fa. Wish u best of luck in ur endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. she's humble and beautiful.funny in all dealings and very talented And I sense the fear of God in her speech. All I can say is that she has a promising future.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Waoooooooo, my name sake, sweet and lovely sister. So happy you are fulfilling your long time dream. The Lord will see you through and make you a shinning star. she is so brilliant and talented from childhood, we grew up together. More grace. Love you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A phenomenon waiting to explode! Way to go girl! Uve always had it in u! Walk into ur season dear....

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have worked with Titi Joseph before, I must really say she’s one of the best uprising actress I have seen in a very long time, am impress with her work, I think she has what it takes to be A-list movie star

    ReplyDelete
  28. Titi Joseph...?Hmmm....This world indeed is a small place....My one tym course mate has suddenly become a star...I am so proud of u...Keep the fire burning dear...

    ReplyDelete
  29. *smiles* in born it is. Back when you used 2 come visiting my sisters, back to choregraphy and church drama. OMG it's coming on the way, Your best dear is yet to be seen * mmuuuaaahhhh* WATCH OUT PEOPLE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Its a gud thin u goin afta ur passion~kp on aiming for d bst n in no time~u wii b signing autographz n ppl wl b lik~plz au mch cn I pay juz to hav a 1 min chat wf dz celeb

    ReplyDelete
  31. I ve always known she's destined for tis great height!I ll say she's da next big thing on our tv screens!!you go girl

    ReplyDelete
  32. Go gurl!!! Just a step @ a time nd u are there...really proud of u. Wish u all u desire nd above all, perfection as u attain that height. Lov u plenty my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Titi dearie...I am so sure you are going places. She has so much passion for acting. I remember the very first movie you featured in and how you wanted us all to see it back then in school (3/51). I wish you the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Tityi...hmmm Brain plus beauty plus God fearing girl and my news producer

    ReplyDelete