Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Whose Remote Control Is It Anyway?!

So I'm chilling in the living room watching this awesome movie and I hear Dad's voice! Darn it! He's back from work! I stretch like nothing's wrong, with the remote control within my reach.

 'Aha', he exclaims while answering my greetings! 'Watching some TV eh', I shrug and he walks into His bedroom! ''Yes''! I said, pumping my fist in the air with a loud victory song playing in my head. The TV set is MINE! All MINE! I immediately turn on my 'Couch Potato' mode!

 I settle in, drop my huge legs on the arm of the Sofa and then I inhale 'Hmmmm... Now where were we'? Then...

 'Ohk', Dad's sharp voice rings. 'Young lady, switch to NTA! I want to see what's happening in Nigeria. Let's watch the Network News'. 'Huh?! But it's just 4:30, News Starts at 7' I answered. And then he goes 'Are u arguing with me? Pass me the remote control'. I stand for a couple of minutes and then with this smirk on my face, I quietly hand it over.

 Walking slowly towards the meter box, I turn round and throw a huge grin across the living room and then I vanish! Five minutes later, #Whoom# Power goes off! And then Dad yells ''Oh no! PHCN na wa oh''.

Standing right by the meter box, I chuckle in excitement because I Knew his next step of action. It happens all the time. He draws up a list of houses to visit and things to do like Getting a haircut and stuff, and then calls for his partner in the remote control scuffle, My Mum, to accompany him.

 Ten minutes later, they are out and about while I'm home alone, With the remote control in hand. I whistle my way back to the meter box and #Whaaam# Power's Back.

 I settled in, Finished my movie, and was lucky enough to watch Two more before the ''Remote Control Whisperer(s)'' returned.

 Hey, don't blame me. Our parents need a little bit of mischief with kids like me around. Once in a while that is. And by the way, Who's remote control is it anyway?!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you! You are impossible! LoL! By the way the remote control is for whoever gets it first. *tongue out*

    ReplyDelete